SE Tour Review: Erebor: Black Ops (Surrey) (Closed)

I'd be happy with that. I don't think I've been out in about 4 months so I'm still waiting for Zed News ?
After taking a break for 6 months the itch is coming back. Also my knee and foot have healed up and they have slowed me down the last couple of years so feel the need to blow off the cobwebs and really go for it.

So looking for some venues to do private games so will obviously let you and some others on here know.

 
How about if I book the whole site and I run a private game. No Seth just me running it?


Happy to introduce you :)

The site isn't quite ready yet and I can't guarantee there will be private games.

I don't mean to sound rude and nothing is set in stone so far be it from me to say something is the case when it is isn't but exclusivity is a clause on us (the site and I) working together.

Like I said, happy to introduce you or arrange a day for you but post-August might be different situation. Or it may not. I'm hardly going to put in a whole load of work for it not to pay itself off. 

Hope you can see where I'm coming from. It won't mean people can't play there outside of set days or that they'll be paying more.

There is just a line between two operators on a site and private days.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to introduce you :)

The site isn't quite ready yet and I can't guarantee there will be private games.

I don't mean to sound rude and nothing is set in stone so far be it from me to say something is the case when it is isn't but exclusivity is a clause on us (the site and I) working together.

Like I said, happy to introduce you or arrange a day for you but post-August might be different situation. Or it may not. I'm hardly going to put in a whole load of work for it not to pay itself off. 

Hope you can see where I'm coming from. It won't mean people can't play there outside of set days or that they'll be paying more.

There is just a line between two operators on a site and private days.


Thanks for the offer but I think contacting the site owners direct might be better for me. 

The line is who pays generally and unless you own the site or hire it 24/7 then I am sure the owners will be more interested in the cash than anything else. I mean are you looking at 2 to 3 games a weekend and all weeknights because if not and it is a multipurpose site then surely who and when is the owners choice.

 
Thanks for the offer but I think contacting the site owners direct might be better for me. 

The line is who pays generally and unless you own the site or hire it 24/7 then I am sure the owners will be more interested in the cash than anything else. I mean are you looking at 2 to 3 games a weekend and all weeknights because if not and it is a multipurpose site then surely who and when is the owners choice.


There’s are a few options on the table, really can’t say which way it will go. 

They are very friendly and accommodating. ☺️

 
See I’m with @Robert James on this. 

Kudos @Seth_Erebor for actually doing what you set out to do, but I think you’ve already damaged your reputation.

You spent so long in a cloud of vague ideas that people generally lost interest and see you as a dreamer. Got to admit, I’m still in that camp, and even though I can see you are actually doing something, I think the damage is already done. 

Also so as soon as something goes wrong(in business it always does), the first thing that will happen is all that old BS will be dragged back up and the I told you so brigade will be out in force.

Personally, I think you came out with your ideas too early, if you had started what you did about 6 weeks ago and then did this game day as you have, I think it would have boosted your rep.

But because you spent months talking, what seemed like bollocks, people have either lost interest, or trust in what you say and do. And I think you’ll have your work cut out trying to get that back.

Good luck with what every is in your pipeline, and I’ll possible try to give it a go, but I’m still wary of anything associated with you for now.

 
Well Christ, hes only gone and bloody done it! 

It sounds very promising, but the "expensive" and "more of an experience day than regular skirmishes" sadly could be something of a let down. Id certainly be interested in going once it opens, as Redhill is only 20 mins down the road from me so a local CQB site would be brilliant. 

 
Personally I’m not bothered who owns/arranges the days etc..

I mean yeah I have said Seth was annoying and too vague etc in the past, and has come across jarring in here but has actually become a regular member who has encouraged discussion and got us talking. Fair play in finding a place and getting something running, I can’t imagine it’s that easy!

But I just want to play play some CQB again whoever has put their name to organising it!!

 
Yes!! Surrey/Kent needs more CQB sites like this. As a player who started in Hong Kong, CQB is definitely in my blood. Excited for what the future holds.
Only an hour away, so if you need any players, hit me up ?

 
Very interested to hear on more info for this and hopefully some dates, well done Seth for bringing some fresh turf to the area luckily its just round the M25 ?

 
i also would be interested in this.

DATES  DATES DATES


Very interested to hear on more info for this and hopefully some dates, well done Seth for bringing some fresh turf to the area luckily its just round the M25 ?


Yes!! Surrey/Kent needs more CQB sites like this. As a player who started in Hong Kong, CQB is definitely in my blood. Excited for what the future holds.
Only an hour away, so if you need any players, hit me up ?


Personally I’m not bothered who owns/arranges the days etc..

I mean yeah I have said Seth was annoying and too vague etc in the past, and has come across jarring in here but has actually become a regular member who has encouraged discussion and got us talking. Fair play in finding a place and getting something running, I can’t imagine it’s that easy!

But I just want to play play some CQB again whoever has put their name to organising it!!


Well Christ, hes only gone and bloody done it! 

It sounds very promising, but the "expensive" and "more of an experience day than regular skirmishes" sadly could be something of a let down. Id certainly be interested in going once it opens, as Redhill is only 20 mins down the road from me so a local CQB site would be brilliant. 


If I can make it, I’d be there.


@ImTriggerHappy

Next date will be the 17th, I'll PM you all a link to book a ticket. All the info will be there, any questions or suggestions just give me a shout.

 
Back
Top