New CQB Site in Kent

@MrWilson I was wondering if you could clarify your situation regarding the various sites you were planning?  What's fallen through, what (should) be going ahead etc.  You've lost the tower block and both schools?

Is the 65,000sq ft indoor site the same one you've referred to as the one in Maidstone or are these two separate sites?

 
Hey bud, sorry for the confusion. I have been working non-stop at work and have left the day to day to the other owner while I have projects at work. I'll give you a run down.

Hextable School: From what we can tell its still empty. The council was all up for it and then pulled away last minute with no explanation. We reached out to an MP to help us out with this as we spent some money on it too. But when it came to light we wanted to play with toy "guns" in a school they just ran away.

Sheppey school was sold to developers. Although we was promised use of it until Hextable was ready. We learnt that doing business with any form of government was a no go.

Chathams Mount Battern house was a sure thing until it wasnt. They said yes. We said yes. We paid some fees but didnt sign anything. Council then said no we are buying it CPO (compulsary purchase order) We lost all our money back to square one.

Now the new site. Its huge but its in a state, been abandoned now for 8 years or so we have agreed our terms with the private owner and we have had contractors in since the begining of Covid work was put on hold during lockdown for obvious reasons and only started back up again early August. We have had to do the following: (when we have the money to fund it)

New airconditioning (due to its size and build it must have these for airflow)
Removed mould from all the walls, replaced all carpets/flooring due to dampness and replaced all electrics that were effect

Installed new lights (limited)
Installed Fire escape measures (required by law)

We are now on the final contractor to get working toilets working. This has led onto needing council approval to tear up the road as the pipes are sealed on the main road. This is currently ongoing and we are waiting road closure approval. (again no expert on the process of this and its with the contractor) Once the toilets are all working we will be going in to setup the site at that time we have several live feed webcams across the building streamed to the website. Snazzy.

I've been asked why we are using contractors and not doing it ourselves. Well two reasons. One: is because I/we dont have that type of expertise and we want to be above legal board. Two: the building owners insisted we use approved contractors to do the work for insurance reasons.

We've said it before but this is 100%. Papers are signed money is exchanging hands there is very little that can be done to stop it unless the owners pull the plug but even then they need to give us x amount of months.

Cant wait to share more with you all. Platoon Stores in Rochester went and visited it with us on our last visit and they loved it. They will be providing on the onsite shop/rentals as they do at other sites across Kent. 

Again sorry to mess you all around but we are trying our hardest on getting this up and running asap we are aiming for October/November at the latest.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear there is something hopefully going well at the end of a turbulent journey.  Who do you have drawing up your contracts/paperwork etc?  It seems all these people have taken advantage of you (I assume) being new to all this and getting you to invest to make sites safe before doing a 180 on the decision.  Surely you have some sort of clause to claw back any money invested after they've agreed and then gone back on the decision?  

 
Glad to hear there is something hopefully going well at the end of a turbulent journey.  Who do you have drawing up your contracts/paperwork etc?  It seems all these people have taken advantage of you (I assume) being new to all this and getting you to invest to make sites safe before doing a 180 on the decision.  Surely you have some sort of clause to claw back any money invested after they've agreed and then gone back on the decision?  


The first two was just us. We was stupid enough to trust those who managed each building that was our mistake. We now have a solicitor managing contracts and have minimum lengh terms in the building due to our investment on making it safe. This time we are legally covered :D  You live and learn. We are however attempting to get previous money spent back but requires courts and we dont have much time for that. Will worry about it once we are up and running.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...so its neither of the schools, and its not the office  block? What site is it we are playing on ?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wait...so its neither of the schools, and its not the office  block? What site is it we are playing on ?


Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Work and all that.

School has gone, Office block was shat on by council. We have a site its all green lights from our pov just waiting on toilet water and for us to "setup" with tons of MDF (joking) 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think I know the site in question.  It wouldn't happen to share it's name with a famous square would it?

 
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Work and all that.

School has gone, Office block was shat on by council. We have a site its all green lights from our pov just waiting on toilet water and for us to "setup" with tons of MDF (joking) 
I know how it goes no need for appology. Big shame about the office block that was shaping up to be something special. Fingers crossed this one is the one.

In your own opinion, (I completely understand at this point you wont give any details until you have the keys and a pew pew date), where does the new potential site rank in terms of potential/cool factor in compared to the office block and the schools ?

 
I know how it goes no need for appology. Big shame about the office block that was shaping up to be something special. Fingers crossed this one is the one.

In your own opinion, (I completely understand at this point you wont give any details until you have the keys and a pew pew date), where does the new potential site rank in terms of potential/cool factor in compared to the office block and the schools ?


Of course I'll be bios. But personally its better then the office block as it had its limitations due to stair cases and floor width. The new site has an amazing layout! I'll share more when we can but we dont want to get the hype train going just yet till we can give game dates. I've taken a few weeks off work to get this going quicker.

 
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but did this ever come to fruition?

Edit: Noob to these forums, my apologies, I may have missed something.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but did this ever come to fruition?

Edit: Noob to these forums, my apologies, I may have missed something.
That you Tom ?

This went very quiet, lots of ups & downs with sites being set up then lost before use, with considerable financial investment, one can only assume that covid has put the brakes on literally everything, & the op is using this downtime to attempt to get some of his dosh back from the sites owners that strung him along & then let him down.

To be fair, if I was a cqb site owner I'd be concerned whether I'd get the ok to reopen until autumn at the earliest, depending on vaccinations etc.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah interesting to know if this new site will be potentially up after covid?

 
Yeah interesting to know if this new site will be potentially up after covid?




That you Tom ?

This went very quiet, lots of ups & downs with sites being set up then lost before use, with considerable financial investment, one can only assume that covid has put the brakes on literally everything, & the op is using this downtime to attempt to get some of his dosh back from the sites owners that strung him along & then let him down.

To be fair, if I was a cqb site owner I'd be concerned whether I'd get the ok to reopen until autumn at the earliest, depending on vaccinations etc.


Hey all sorry for no responses. You are completely correct. A huge investment was put in initially to secure this site. We actually got this deposit back due to covid and the landlords being very cool.

The site is still on the table and we are in constant contact with them. Unfortunantly the building was somehow reported and the landlord has had to spend close to £300k to fix the building to regulations this being said we are going to open as soon as we possibly can. BUT in the meantime we did some digging around looking for other opportunities and we have found several of them and we HAVE made offers on those buildings. One of which was accepted and we are considering our options. 

I'm pretty busy for the next few weeks but the next time you hear from me either on here or facebook will be the annoucement of game dates. ;)  

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it might possibly be worth a trip for my first game after an extended hiatus. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top