Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I've just been refunded so I assume the handbrake is firmly on now then. Damn it!
12 floors? Intriguing. There can't be many properties like that around. Basement and sub basement?
12 floors? Intriguing. There can't be many properties like that around. Basement and sub basement?
Its a multi level carpark with american killhouse style wooden paneling thoughout...
Jeeezz that would be awful mind!
Anyone aware of any hospitals or blocks of flats disused in the southeast?
12 floors, gonna be an office block, block of flats would be too pokeyAppreciate it @Albiscuit The pre-orders were only opened when we got a contract written up after a few weeks they didn't sign it. It didnt feel right holding peoples money over the Christmas period.
We haven't given up we've been really busy working on something big. Biggest in the UK infact. 12 floors big. We've just been given a yes to use the site and given the floor plans but now on the negotiating table to work out ££££.
Anyone aware of any hospitals or blocks of flats disused in the southeast?
12 floors, gonna be an office block, block of flats would be too pokey
I can't see it be being a long term thing though so I doubt the owners would be too happy about putting walls through, even naff partition walls. Unless of course the building is earmarked for demolition in which case, smash away.Dunno, could be made pretty unpokey with a sledge hammer. There’s not many supporting walls in blocks of flats
Unless of course the building is earmarked for demolition in which case, smash away.
Blocks of flats 12 story's high tend to have a fairly small footprint, think 4x2beds per floor, or 6x2beds at most, based upon the average age of blocks that may now be becoming derelict, whereas office blocks of a similar age/criteria would have a floor footprint probably at least 4-6 times those of flats, possibly bigger ?.There plenty about. Guessing it’s still somewhere in Kent
Dunno, could be made pretty unpokey with a sledge hammer. There’s not many supporting walls in blocks of flats
I think we got exceedingly lucky with the Mall. Due to the nature of the site I gather there was loads of prep work and something with the drains running underneath? which delayed redevelopment works massively. I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work to get approval to get an old, knackered office block taken down.That was my thinking, the mall was ear marked for demo from day one. Was open for about 9 years wasn’t it?
As far as I can remember there was another building linked to the Friar's Walk redevelopment which was first on the chopping block - had that one been demolished according to plan, The Mall would've gone far sooner. The delay for that building was down to some classic demolition issue, Asbestos etc.I think we got exceedingly lucky with the Mall. Due to the nature of the site I gather there was loads of prep work and something with the drains running underneath? which delayed redevelopment works massively. I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work to get approval to get an old, knackered office block taken down.
Knocking shit down isn't the issue (unless it's listed/protected), but having something appropriate go up in its place might be, especially as residential is at a premium, but not if it's in a commercial or business district.I'd imagine it wouldn't take much work to get approval to get an old, knackered office block taken down.
Anyone aware of any hospitals or blocks of flats disused in the southeast?
12 floors, gonna be an office block, block of flats would be too pokey
before I get too excited, without giving anything away, can I ask an approximate location, town or district ?
As excited as I am for another cqb site, this is the third site they are talking about opening and haven’t got the smaller ones open yet.
I will get properly excited when at least one of the sites is running and we can see some progress.
Yes I’m a bit cynical tonight but also very happy to be proven wrong and for all three to open, be successful and blow me away with their awesomeness![]()
From the initial reports we've been told its due to be knocked down by 2030 for flats.I can't see it be being a long term thing though so I doubt the owners would be too happy about putting walls through, even naff partition walls. Unless of course the building is earmarked for demolition in which case, smash away.
I live near there ?
I can confirm its 90,000 square feet or around abouts that.Blocks of flats 12 story's high tend to have a fairly small footprint, think 4x2beds per floor, or 6x2beds at most, based upon the average age of blocks that may now be becoming derelict, whereas office blocks of a similar age/criteria would have a floor footprint probably at least 4-6 times those of flats, possibly bigger ?.
Sounds a bit like the "Nakatomi Tower" that zed (?) were planning about 9 years ago, located in the Midlands, but can't actually remember if it came to fruition & the site ever opened ??