CQB Blitz Whitechapel (London)?

Lol... I still haven't been. Too busy at work. Will hopefully go before the end of the year.

 
Let me know what date... may have a go as well.

 
Cool I'll get it confirmed wth my shooting buddy and I'll post up here

 
I watched it develop on Facebook and it looked interesting enough. All the videos I have seen look pretty cool but for whatever reason I have not been along.

I do find it odd the way Airborne never put FPS on the rules for any of their sites, I guess it's best to assume the same 350 or 350/400/500 outdoors most places use but I'd still expect it to be there.

 
Think it's down to 328 now but not 100% sure.

 
7) The velocity limits is 1.3 Joule, (approx 350 fps) with a .2g BB for AEG’S (Automatic Electric Guns). There is a 5% leeway for chronograph variation. Single shot guns Sniper Rifles and Pistol 2.5 Jouls (approx 520 fps) with a .2g BB, with a minimum engagement distance of 15 meters for Sniper Rifles.

http://www.airborne-airsoft.co.uk/site_rules.php

Looks like this applies to all sites as there are exceptions for Blitz in there, you could always message them on Facebook if you wanted to double check though.

 
A few weeks time we shall be prob is they keep cancelling events because the numbers are not maxed
Thanks for update. Pity that player numbers are that low, would have thought they would want to run games. Word of mouth would surely help spread the news about the site and could encourage others to attend. Of course their prices may be putting people off, and a better deal may be needed.

 
Thanks for update. Pity that player numbers are that low, would have thought they would want to run games. Word of mouth would surely help spread the news about the site and could encourage others to attend. Of course their prices may be putting people off, and a better deal may be needed.
Cost puts me off. Five hours of travel to reading is cheaper. Probably does not help them being on the same day as the mall, even at that distance.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's rich, Wolf cram 32-40 into bunker. But still, somewhere to use the gas guns in the winter.
'A guy from wolf' with that kind of feedback is highly unlikely to be the individual who decided on the 'capacity' at Bunker 51.

Those complaining about prices should bear in mind the location, residential property in that area is worth over £13k per square meter right now.Let be conservative and say you get 3 hours play for your £30 and compare that to the laser tag at the same location which is £10 for 20 minutes if you pre-book. It's a sad fact that the cost of living is higher in the capital than the rest of the country, and that obviously affects the cost of recreation as well.

For me, living in London zone 2, it's way cheaper than going to the Mall (which I do enjoy). Half hour drive with free parking or £3 by the tube. Also means I don't have to get up as early and I'm home in time for dinner.

Back to the OP, I've played at Blitz once with Airborne. There was about 30-odd players, and I still enjoyed myself, however I can put up with a slower pace of play as I'm unfit and lazy. If you prefer better flowing games, then 20 is probably better, however with less players, if someone has to skip a round or doesn't pull their weight then there is greater impact on a teams performance.

 
[delete]

Cheaper than going to the mall?

Mall is what £35 for 6 hours plus £12 rail return, and a little bit of time on the underground. Blitz is £30 + for whats estimated to be 3 hours play.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you have a railcard but the cheapest fare I can get is £18 return

Blitz - £30 + maybe £1 in petrol

Mall - £35 + £18 train + £3 tube

I have spent less money. What I lose in playing and travel time, I gain in time with my family.

 
Blitz - £30 + maybe £1 in petrol

Mall - £35 + £18 train + £3 tube
So £31 for 3 hours or £56 for 6 hours.So for actual play time the mall is cheaper.

As for your other post about rents I see where your coming from but it still doesnt add up. The amount they pay for the building isn't effected by how long the game is. They could do an all day game and increase the costs by 5 or 10 pound which would cover the cost of the marshalls and utilities but make it a better deal for players.

At the end of the day if they have to cancel games because people dont want to go then their business model is wrong.

Its a lot of cash for those that have to travel into London and they have to attract those players as well.

I personally think that they are just trying to maximise profits for least effort but if they cant get bodies in then hopefully that philosophy will change.

 
Back
Top