DopeYourScope
Members
- May 29, 2018
- 263
- 88
[SIZE=11pt]I’ll start by saying I’ve never really done proper CQB only a couple of evenings at Battle Sector X so to go and play airsoft in a prison especially at night was fun and disorientating to say the least.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Myself and 3 friends made the trip to UCAP Vendetta the weekend just gone; the site is the former Cat. B men’s prison HMP Gloucester. We left Kent early as we had to trek the majority of the width of England and knowing M25 traffic it was decided to leave earlier; we arrived on site about 5:30 which was a tad early I was pleasantly surprised by a nice large indoor safe-zone with proper toilets.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]THE SAFEZONE [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]It appears to be their reception and café area for all their events and it had large tables enough for those of us doing the Saturday evening. There was one thing that my group noticed, which was a couple of cases of dry firing in the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]safezone[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]there weren’t any accidents luckily but it’s just one of those things. I made no mention to the staff of it because I didn’t deem it necessary at the time. [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The following Sunday there wasn’t really enough room for everyone and it was a case of find space where available but everyone crammed in. Sunday lunch was included which went down well and Saturday evening dinner was available for a small cost.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51855
[SIZE=11pt]BRIEFINGS[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]On [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] night it was mostly experienced [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]airsofters[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]the safety brief was nice and concise and we got into games quite quick; the chap running UCAP (Andy) has a bit of banter with everyone (More on this later) during the game briefing and they were very informative with big maps across the site showing the names of the buildings and necessary points to be remembered.[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Sunday was a longer safety brief due to numbers but still shorter than other briefings I’ve heard.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51851[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Andy was having a bit of banter with everyone not only in the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]safezone[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]but during the briefing and it came to light afterwards that someone had messaged UCAP and said they were offended by what was said (I assume they had someone under 18 [SIZE=11pt]present[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]due to the post). I heard nothing I would deem over the top and unnecessary or rude and myself and Andy were bantering each other on the [SIZE=11pt]saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] night and I had only just met the bloke so I don’t know what was heard but this was their “official” response. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51850[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GAMEPLAY & SITE[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The site is incredible and even more fun and disorientating as a first timer in the dark. I had managed to walk right up to a doorway to the enemy re-gen without knowing and waited for them till 6 came through at once.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]corridors, cells, offices and all manner of other rooms and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]buildings[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]you could go in and explore as well as the courtyards (including an Ex police helicopter) we left [SIZE=11pt]Sunday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]afternoon and couldn’t still fully remember our ways round it was that much of a labyrinth.[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51852
[SIZE=11pt]The majority of the game play on [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]night was stellar, great hit taking (throughout the weekend) and everyone was having fun. [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I can say I had 3 incidents of game play which were an issue (throughout the weekend) we had one case of blind firing which was dealt with instantly. There was a lot of over shooting, if you’ve got the drop on someone (especially from above) then there’s no need to pelt them with ten [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]bbs[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]in the face- One will do the job, this is something which is incredibly difficult to enforce so it’s not really worth losing sleep over. Finally, was an issue where one team kept moving quite close to the others regen which effectively trapped them causing game play to slow to the point there wasn’t much happening (this could have been remedied by re-sorting the teams at lunch when it was noticed it became stalemated quite often (which was noted by the staff).[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51854
[SIZE=11pt]There was a case of players being unprepared for night games by not using dead lights; if you are hit at night it’s a hell of a lot easier to see a red light than a hand, I had my red tinted MS2000 strobe on and didn’t get shot once however I had other players complain they’d been shot whilst dead. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The games themselves were varied between Defenders and attackers getting from a start point to a finish, an infection game, HVT games to straight up last team standing all of which were done in a way to get people moving throughout the site especially in the prison itself.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Breaks between games were nice and short and staff were pushing everyone back out to play again which was nice to see. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]CONCLUSION[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]I would return for another full weekend, to just play the Sunday isn’t really economically viable due to distance however I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I will definitely try UCAP’s other sites when I get the chance because they definitely know how to run one and I think there are a lot of sites whom could learn from this. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51853
[SIZE=11pt]It appears to be their reception and café area for all their events and it had large tables enough for those of us doing the Saturday evening. There was one thing that my group noticed, which was a couple of cases of dry firing in the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]safezone[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]there weren’t any accidents luckily but it’s just one of those things. I made no mention to the staff of it because I didn’t deem it necessary at the time. [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The following Sunday there wasn’t really enough room for everyone and it was a case of find space where available but everyone crammed in. Sunday lunch was included which went down well and Saturday evening dinner was available for a small cost.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51855
[SIZE=11pt]BRIEFINGS[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]On [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] night it was mostly experienced [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]airsofters[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]the safety brief was nice and concise and we got into games quite quick; the chap running UCAP (Andy) has a bit of banter with everyone (More on this later) during the game briefing and they were very informative with big maps across the site showing the names of the buildings and necessary points to be remembered.[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Sunday was a longer safety brief due to numbers but still shorter than other briefings I’ve heard.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51851[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Andy was having a bit of banter with everyone not only in the [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]safezone[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]but during the briefing and it came to light afterwards that someone had messaged UCAP and said they were offended by what was said (I assume they had someone under 18 [SIZE=11pt]present[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]due to the post). I heard nothing I would deem over the top and unnecessary or rude and myself and Andy were bantering each other on the [SIZE=11pt]saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] night and I had only just met the bloke so I don’t know what was heard but this was their “official” response. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51850[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]GAMEPLAY & SITE[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The site is incredible and even more fun and disorientating as a first timer in the dark. I had managed to walk right up to a doorway to the enemy re-gen without knowing and waited for them till 6 came through at once.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]corridors, cells, offices and all manner of other rooms and [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]buildings[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]you could go in and explore as well as the courtyards (including an Ex police helicopter) we left [SIZE=11pt]Sunday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]afternoon and couldn’t still fully remember our ways round it was that much of a labyrinth.[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51852
[SIZE=11pt]The majority of the game play on [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Saturday[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]night was stellar, great hit taking (throughout the weekend) and everyone was having fun. [SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I can say I had 3 incidents of game play which were an issue (throughout the weekend) we had one case of blind firing which was dealt with instantly. There was a lot of over shooting, if you’ve got the drop on someone (especially from above) then there’s no need to pelt them with ten [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]bbs[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]in the face- One will do the job, this is something which is incredibly difficult to enforce so it’s not really worth losing sleep over. Finally, was an issue where one team kept moving quite close to the others regen which effectively trapped them causing game play to slow to the point there wasn’t much happening (this could have been remedied by re-sorting the teams at lunch when it was noticed it became stalemated quite often (which was noted by the staff).[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51854
[SIZE=11pt]There was a case of players being unprepared for night games by not using dead lights; if you are hit at night it’s a hell of a lot easier to see a red light than a hand, I had my red tinted MS2000 strobe on and didn’t get shot once however I had other players complain they’d been shot whilst dead. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]The games themselves were varied between Defenders and attackers getting from a start point to a finish, an infection game, HVT games to straight up last team standing all of which were done in a way to get people moving throughout the site especially in the prison itself.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]Breaks between games were nice and short and staff were pushing everyone back out to play again which was nice to see. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]CONCLUSION[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]I would return for another full weekend, to just play the Sunday isn’t really economically viable due to distance however I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I will definitely try UCAP’s other sites when I get the chance because they definitely know how to run one and I think there are a lot of sites whom could learn from this. [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]
View attachment 51853
Last edited by a moderator: