Southdown Airsoft Weekender

It's a thought but having two sites run a weekender at one site (unless it was on a neutral area) i feel would be difficult and could end up being counter productive. I think if my team were to go to local sites and talk to people at those sites about it there's no reason why the members of those sites wouldn't be interested in a weekender some where else?

P.S. Would your team be interested in a match against Southdown Airsoft?

 
i use the term "team" very losely more like a bunch of hung over brain dead 20somethings having a laugh. most of my hits during a day come from them and visa versa :P

i dont want this to sound like im being negitive or a bit funny but im just going to be honest the biggest problem you are going to have trying to attract more players is the fact that the more mature players ie 18+ tend to have other comitments familys, bills etc to worry about so only get to play about once a month ish and intill you have a more established reputation are going to struggle to get these players to take a chance on your site i think when you look at the gallery on your site it looks just like a bunch of pals messing around not the most profesional thing in the world i hope you dont take this the wrong way im NOT trying to have a go belive me no one wants this to take of for you in a big way more than me because i live in rustington near littlehampton so am really close to yourselfs, im in the process of trying to prosuade my pals to give you a go at the moment.

 
Appreciate the comments I really should update the gallery your right they were taken on a few private days and our first skirmish so that's probably why it looks like a few mates playing in the woods together .. Because they are, once the bracken and foliage start to poke through I'll change the gallery all together although I think the way they are displayed is good no? And I appreciate that people have commitments (although all my skirmishers of that age turn up every other week) but if ground zero can do it I can. Glad your considering our site we're just finishing our new HQ which is nice speaking of which I better go and crack on!

Any more interest leave a message below,

Cheers,

 
Hi southdowners,

Archie, i'm loving the idea of the weekender at the site, we should get some photo's up in the spring to show people whats on offer and definately need to get some work days organised,

dont forget the sugar for the coffee!

Pete

 
Hey Matey yeah definatly just waiting for the foliage to reach its full capacity combined with a nice day and i'll bring the big camera down to get some more snaps.

did you happen to get in touch with your friend for plan clockhouse?

Spk sn

 
I think we could.possibly make a forum event into it... just a suggestion, I don't think its too far away from.most of us. Would be good to put faces to names etc.

And another excuse to play at SAS lol

 
i all ready said i but ill go again I

cool face B)

 
Good, any time is ok for me, but its up to you when the event would be held

 
Going by who has posted in this thread and generally the amount of active members we have that a ) are still actually playing airsoft and b ) are willing to travel, I'm not sure we'd have a great turnout this year at all. By all means it is something to consider for the future.

If you're really confident then feel free to set up a poll in the general discussion about it. You should stress in your post that people should only vote if they're serious. We got a lot of votes for the forums patches yet very little buyers so poll's cant be taken as level of interest at all really :P You'd likely end up with 20-25% of the interest the poll suggested imo.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top