Sites nearby to Glasgow

Musica

Members
Joined
Dec 27, 2018
Messages
1,078
Reaction score
103
My local is the depot and I go at least once a month sometimes twice but I like to try other sites to keep it interesting.

I have been to section 8 and fife war games.

If anyone could let me know of some other sites I can look at I am willing to drive a fair amount.

 
I just get the impression so many sites are money making schemes providing as little as possible to qualify as a "skirmish" site. Depot isn't perfect by any stretch but I've seen so much progression and work being done in the 9 months I've been going.

That Wargames Centre looks cool but does seeem to have died in Febuary and seems to run the same weekends as depot as well looking for the other weekend.

Currently the cloest indoor site I could find is newcastle. Could make it as they don't start till 1PM till 8PM http://www.nolimitspaintballandlaser.co.uk/activities/airsoft

Be nice to have one a bit closer. Fife Wargames was good but just can't make plans too far in advance with outdoor sites.

 
Tru dat.  H2O https://www.facebook.com/Hammer2operations/ in Kilmarnock were actually lucky in that they cancelled their milsim event the weekend before last, as it absolutely tipped it down both days anyway.

Speaking of sites that don't provide basic info, I think Ryan said that the Wargames Centre is run on on an "ask if you wish to receive" basis, which hacks me off as it's a great way to ensure that your membership dwindles away.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
They would of earned the name H20 ?

I poked Wargames centre and they still run walk on airsoft events. I agree if you don't advertise you won't be in taking people at a good rate and people will eventually lose interest in the hobby but it's too easy to play arm chair general, they are running a site how works for them. It also shows they aren't trying to cram as many people as a fire marshal finds acceptable in to their site so I can respect that.

 
theirs the fort (outdoors) and the fortress (cqb) i go to the fortress most wed nights. they run games every wed and Friday night 7 - 11. im going next wed should come along. 

@Musica

 
Last edited by a moderator:
theirs the fort (outdoors) and the fortress (cqb) i go to the fortress most wed nights. they run games every wed and Friday night 7 - 11. im going next wed should come along. 

@Musica
I can't find the fortress online for game times just the fort which seem to run the same days as the depot. 

Does Fortress not do weekend games? I'd struggle to make it up for 7 and 11 is past my bed time ? 

 
I can't find the fortress online for game times just the fort which seem to run the same days as the depot. 

Does Fortress not do weekend games? I'd struggle to make it up for 7 and 11 is past my bed time ? 
hahha fortress is on facebook, used to be through the airsoft world website but idk what happend to it. fortress did do the sunday games alternating form the fort and fortress however the last sunday game was last month but cant mind why its stopped. 

game days and times are 7 - 11 Wednesdays and Fridays. 

the fort is fortnightly unsure of time or site as i  have never been.

 
Cheers might do a Friday game next month but 11pm finish is too late for me with over an hour drive and work the next day. 

Edit

Their laser policy might be a deal breaker for me don't want some daft cunt laserin my eyes out with some chinese laser.  Ban them they aren't required for airsoft and are too dangerous. 

Lasers and Strobes: Do not deliberately shine lasers or strobing lights at peoples faces. Keep in mind that with the nature of the dark areas of the site, people will have torches and you will get them shone in your face from time to time

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers might do a Friday game next month but 11pm finish is too late for me with over an hour drive and work the next day. 

Edit

Their laser policy might be a deal breaker for me don't want some daft cunt laserin my eyes out with some chinese laser.  Ban them they aren't required for airsoft and are too dangerous. 

Lasers and Strobes: Do not deliberately shine lasers or strobing lights at peoples faces. Keep in mind that with the nature of the dark areas of the site, people will have torches and you will get them shone in your face from time to time
ive been going there for months and have only ever had 1 guy that came with a laser once. extremely uncommon.

 
There is also Enemy Down , west side of Edinburgh (near Heriot Watt uni)

they have a Facebook page , every second Sunday and evening games on a Wednesday ?

 
theirs the fort (outdoors) and the fortress (cqb) i go to the fortress most wed nights. they run games every wed and Friday night 7 - 11. im going next wed should come along. 

@Musica
They shut down Sunday games for summer at fortress coming back end of September start of october apparently.

Good to know as they run the week depot isnt on so a reason to travel 

 
The war games centre runs every Tuesday night. It’s just the Sunday games that are infrequent. All due to demand. It’s also changing ownership and will be called Biohazard airsoft.

 
The war games centre runs every Tuesday night. It’s just the Sunday games that are infrequent. All due to demand. It’s also changing ownership and will be called Biohazard airsoft.


Do you know if Biohazard will run the same Sunday as Depot? 

 
Biohazard will run the same Sunday as the Depot. So it doesn’t clash with Hammer 2 .

 
God damn it.  I will give it  a try once but why does every site near Glasgow seems to run the same 2 week Sunday as The Depot I just don't understand why. The Depot is fully booked every Sunday are they surviving on the people who don't like indoor or couldn't book in time?  Never even heard of Hammer 2 and I've been looking for as many sites as possible within a few hours drive.

Seems like if I want to play airsoft on the other sunday I need to go to Edinburgh or Fife. 

 
Tru dat.  H2O https://www.facebook.com/Hammer2operations/ in Kilmarnock were actually lucky in that they cancelled their milsim event the weekend before last, as it absolutely tipped it down both days anyway.

Speaking of sites that don't provide basic info, I think Ryan said that the Wargames Centre is run on on an "ask if you wish to receive" basis, which hacks me off as it's a great way to ensure that your membership dwindles away.
RIP H2O 2 more games left then they shut.

 
RIP H2O 2 more games left then they shut.


And they'd only been there a year.  Sounds like shenanigans occurred:

Hammer II Operation: let's just say it was all a bit underhand. It is an amazing site and a great landlord. We were just put in an impossible situation

I'm guessing some sort of council / planning / complaints stramash.

Looking to stay in Ayrshire, I see.  Eh, Kilmarnock is already far enough that I have to factor in not just the unlucky weather they've had (rain thread!), but also the time and fuel costs in.  And the answer has always been "nope".  Let's hope they can move closer to Glasgow rather than further out into the boonies.

 
And they'd only been there a year.  Sounds like shenanigans occurred:

Hammer II Operation: let's just say it was all a bit underhand. It is an amazing site and a great landlord. We were just put in an impossible situation

I'm guessing some sort of council / planning / complaints stramash.

Looking to stay in Ayrshire, I see.  Eh, Kilmarnock is already far enough that I have to factor in not just the unlucky weather they've had (rain thread!), but also the time and fuel costs in.  And the answer has always been "nope".  Let's hope they can move closer to Glasgow rather than further out into the boonies.
For me they were appealing because of the Saturday games and they also starting a bit later giving me time to travel etc. 

 
Really want some Saturday games. Anyone know a site that runs them regularly?  

 
Back
Top