Reading Mall Site

I was green team, it was pretty obvious who I was, as I was the one using an MP40 :) . Kurtz was also there with his unique gun (can't remember what it was). He was one of the three personalities on the marker objective round.

 
I was on the orange team I was the one running the Sig552 with the xcortech on it. Was one of the good days looking forward to going back on the 8th

 
I was on the orange team I was the one running the Sig552 with the xcortech on it. Was one of the good days looking forward to going back on the 8th

 
Ahh, then Kurtz was on your team for most of it. During the briefings I often set my mp40 on one of the two wooden shelves at the front, so kinda near Luke (or whoever was giving the briefing), so I was always towards the front. Didn't see you though. Did you see the guy with the Halo assault rifle? Quite cool. Also, someone had a FLIR IPhone case that turned it into a thermal sight on his gun, might need to get one of those...

 
The halo style rifle was a jg kit on a tm M4 high cycle, it did look smart. Not sure about the thermal vision thing though not really my cup of tea.

 
Hehe nah that gun was my crime against realsteel nature, someone else had an actual halo gun :) Can buy them from Landwarrior for about 800 atmo

 
Ahh, then Kurtz was on your team for most of it. During the briefings I often set my mp40 on one of the two wooden shelves at the front, so kinda near Luke (or whoever was giving the briefing), so I was always towards the front. Didn't see you though. Did you see the guy with the Halo assault rifle? Quite cool. Also, someone had a FLIR IPhone case that turned it into a thermal sight on his gun, might need to get one of those...
Yeah the thermal view is pretty good for the mall, shame wasnt wielded by the guy with the 3 point laser for total predator tactics. Apparently the gun mount only fits an iphone4 so this guy just uses his old phone amd doesnt worry about it meeting a BB bashed end

 
Yes! I own an iPhone 4, that thing was almost bulletproof... Not sure I'd take my 5s out there, but my 4? Heck yea.

 
My mistake I didn't see the halo rifle. Your gun wasn't a crime against real steel

I thought it looked quite good and performed well too which is the most important thing.

 
Well, I can maybe comfortably play at The Mall once my new gun gets here; every time I've gone I've had issues... None zed's fault, just weird things like my guns failing, or my P90 randomly jumping around 80 FPS on game day...

 
How does a gun randomly jump 80 fps. There are a few things that can increase fps fractionally but never heard of anything that can make it jump that much.

 
Luke said it was probably that too much gunk had gathered at the front of the gearbox. Gunk at front = tighter seal, higher FPS. Gunk in middle = correct FPS. Gunk at back = lower FPS. Took apart its gearbox today, and indeed there was quite a bit of excess old grease in there, as I've never opened it up before. So cleaned it all out and regreased it, gonna have to see if it's lowered back to its usual 290 FPS next time I'm at The Mall in April for the Safariland 578 ProFit holster testing/demo I will be doing. However my hodgepodge G&P/Star/Madbull M4A1 from Al should come tomorrow, along with 6 midcap PMags, so I won't have to worry about failing guns for awhile... If I have to use an MP40 with one low cap again I might just have to go pistols only... I guess that will be a real test for the ProFits...

 
I think I spoke to you about it in the safe room I said it might be your air nozzle all gunked up that could give you a bit of an increase. Didnt realise it was 80 fps though.

 
Back
Top