Operation Skylight - Hertfordshire Location - Okto Eight Milsim

A link for MREs has been added for those wishing to enhance the experience. Obviously not essential and as there is no in-game safe zone, all day refreshment will occur "in game". However, some may wish to try it, either in game or if camping over.

No food or burger van will be provided lol

 
Sounds like my patent PLCE Brew Kit will be required again...

lm7o.jpg
 
There is already talk of the relative merits of stoves and solid fuel..

 
I love hexi - which is just as well because i've got so much of it anyone would think i was a prepper! I got a load of it cheap on fleabay - probably cost the bloke more to post it than i paid lol!

 
Jetboil scores very highly for convenience and speed, though they're a bit bulky.

 
Exactly. You're not going to get a Jetboil kit on belt order without it being a major pain in the hole. A hexi stove and an ali Crusader cup is no bother.

 
You can fit 2 snot poodles in a crusader cup - good eatin'

 
For food on 27hr games I prefer an old fashioned Ukrainian method-

Get some thin Myslivska sausages,throw them on a plate,douse them lightly with horilka(aka vodka to you western pigs) and spark it up with either some flint or a lighter-wait a few minutes and you have some nice fried sausages. If you have a metal tripod or something you can keep the fire going and maybe heat up something else you like. I use an old steel plate so after I take the sausages I quickly throw in some dried wood and brew up some tea.

Serve with Rye bread,butter and Preserved vegetable salad from a can or some saurkraut even.

I sometimes bring along some premade buckwheat porridge that I fire in a can before the game too. I might heat it up like the tea.

For sweets,nature valley bars,some fruit and those Ukrainian made 'Milk chews' you find in a lot of newsagents-Addictive as fuck they are.

feast of champions there m8.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
^^and woe betide anyone standing behind, or even worse sharing a tent with, you!

When meanandgreen were having a sale earlier this year i picked up some bundeswehr emergency rations which i haven't tried yet. I'm not expecting much - the ingredients make it sound like it will be sort of soft shortbread (contradiction in terms i know, but there we are :lol: ), but you never know, if anybody could come up with a lump of vegetarian stodge that contains all the food groups in the minimum possible volume and still tastes alright, i'd bet on the Germans to do it!

Otherwise the vegetarian MRE's that are on offer to British squaddies aren't bad. TBF, if any of you can remember those silver brick ration packs, there's nothing at all to whinge about in the new ones... even the narsty coffee is head and shoulders above that Mellow-Birds/Humbrol-Cement blend that they used to use!

 
Sounds like a good Moldistani dish to me !

For food on 27hr games I prefer an old fashioned Ukrainian method-

Get some thin Myslivska sausages,throw them on a plate,douse them lightly with horilka(aka vodka to you western pigs) and spark it up with either some flint or a lighter-wait a few minutes and you have some nice fried sausages. If you have a metal tripod or something you can keep the fire going and maybe heat up something else you like. I use an old steel plate so after I take the sausages I quickly throw in some dried wood and brew up some tea.

Serve with Rye bread,butter and Preserved vegetable salad from a can or some saurkraut even.

I sometimes bring along some premade buckwheat porridge that I fire in a can before the game too. I might heat it up like the tea.

For sweets,nature valley bars,some fruit and those Ukrainian made 'Milk chews' you find in a lot of newsagents-Addictive as f*ck they are.

feast of champions there m8.
 
Replace Rye Bread with Lavash,and the sausages should better be beef or something. Good luck getting Lavash in the UK though. I've yet to see it anywhere outside of east europe personally..

The other stuff,That's just my usual 'ration' I bring along camping or to 27hr games.

 
Love rye bread :wub: with heart crippling slabs of butter...

 
Okto Eight Milsim have posted on their FB page

Booking for Operation Skylight will officially open on 18th April. 8 places in SOF, 10 places in the MDF and 18 places in the MPF. In the unlikely event that full quota numbers arent met for any reason, we are still going to run with a minimum cover. First come; first served...

 
I simply do not have the booking deposit right now and those SOF places are gunna sell like hot cakes. Bollocks

 
I was hoping for a bigger event. 36 players doesn't seem to justify the amount of back story to me. It's too soon for me to think of paying for stuff after NAE when I haven't even paid for that yet!

 
I'm bored of music festivals. It's been literally decades since one felt like something extraordinary might happen. They're just gigs with more dirt.

 
Back
Top