Driver wood upgrades

Chubluke

Members
Joined
Dec 5, 2020
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Who else has been keeping an eye on the driver wood Facebook page? The upgrades and money he’s ploughing into the site look ridiculous! Lights, sound system on top of a really nice looking safe zone and plenty of perks there. 
 

Got first night game (love a midweek game as I have to work a lot of weekends) and a Sunday coming up soon. Anyone make the night game last week? Really excited to check it out for the first time.

 
Not yet been but a few of my local customers / friends have, they really like it.  doing some good stuff

 
I’d imagine they do if they’re putting this much into.


I'm thinking of a couple of local sites which sunk vast amounts of time and money into developing themselves, then got kicked out without any warning or negotiation.  One then relocated, built up a new site... then got kicked out again a year later.  I really feel for site operators, they're at the mercy of land owners.

 
I'm thinking of a couple of local sites which sunk vast amounts of time and money into developing themselves, then got kicked out without any warning or negotiation.  One then relocated, built up a new site... then got kicked out again a year later.  I really feel for site operators, they're at the mercy of land owners.
Developers buying up any land they can get a hold of I guess. 

Directive from gov to build more houses.

 
Imo you can't really blame the land owners for wanting to whatever makes them money with their land

 
Imo you can't really blame the land owners for wanting to whatever makes them money with their land


Agreed, and we'll always be a tenant of last resort.

The 2nd time Hammer II Operations got kicked off, I heard apocryphally that it was down to one home-owner on the edge of the nearest estate complaining to the council that they could just barely hear pyro going off, and the land owner said "Not worth the hassle." 

 
Me and my mates have been going to driverwood for a few years now. Its one of our local sites. 

I have to say it's a great well organized site. The safe zone and facilities are the best I've seen personally, the game sites are good with a decent selection of cover, flanking routes etc. 

The Marshalls are very good and get into the middle of fire fights to make sure people that get hit are calling it. 

I went to my first night game last night, I turned up a bit late and missed the first game. Where the lights are is called the village and most are dotted around the outside so the middle of the area is in pitch black more or less, so torches are a good idea. Was a different slower paced feel to the day time games. 

And even though it was dark you could hear people calling hits all night long. 

So overall I think it's a good site ?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Went to another night game last night. Was maybe 20/25 people or so. 

Had another brilliant night with my mate. Good selection of games types. 

Best game mode of the night was where everyone was assigned a call sign from the alphabet (alpha, bravo, Charlie etc). Then run off and hide by ourselves. Then it's a free for all. Once you hit another player you have 15 seconds to get to them and tag them and say your call sign and now that person is part of your team. Game ends when everyone is the same callsign or timer runs out. 

 
Glad I've found this thread as I'm planning on going to a night game there next month. Would you say a weapon light is essential or just recommended? 

 
Couple of years old, I know, but more work has been going on the last few weeks, with moving a Zil to their Exeter site to make room for an open top double decker in it's place, will be ready to use in morning, cut back a lot of Rhododendron bushed, opening up more lines of sight into game play areas, other things relocated too, hopefully make players use more of the site.

Plenty of update posts an videos over last couple of weeks on their Facebook page.

should be there for tomorrow.

 


Quite the necro post - but it's about driver wood which makes me tingle in my priesthood.

Heard they were cutting bush and I admittedly got scared. So much concealment on that site makes for brilliant flanking but I understand why, because people stick to the main open areas and venture out very little.

I'm there tomorrow too, I'll be the easiest target to aim for.

 
Quite the necro post - but it's about driver wood which makes me tingle in my priesthood.

Heard they were cutting bush and I admittedly got scared. So much concealment on that site makes for brilliant flanking but I understand why, because people stick to the main open areas and venture out very little.

I'm there tomorrow too, I'll be the easiest target to aim for.
Agree, I had my concerns too, especially with how my game play has evolved over the year I've been playing, where I've been purposely venturing out into the wilds to flank the opposing team, although to date, I've only had my M4, but now I've got a TM mk23 too, for those sneaky shots.

I'll only be doing the afternoon, as my lad can't manage a full day with his leg issues

 
Like yourselves, I rather like the dense foliage. However, I'm rather confident that, unless there is a low pass from a B52 spraying Agent Orange, the sheer amount of rhododendron there will mean that there will still be more than adequate opportunities a for sneaky play and flanking. After playing there rather a lot over the past few years, I'm actually quite looking forward to a little change!

Where has the new bus been plonked?

 
Where has the new bus been plonked?
Where the 6 wheel Zil box truck was, between tower 1 and bridge tower (walk onto game zone, turn left, then right). With the clearance work, as well as being able to fire to both towers, there's now line of sight to CQB and looks like you can also see to the original bus.

 
Ah, I'm with you now. That will be interesting. I don't think I ever really saw that truck being used for cover.

 
Back
Top