P
PT247
Guest
Robbed from their website:
"The Battle Lakes is a woodland Airsoft site like no other in the UK. With its sixteen lakes and set in 200 acres of extremely varied woodland, Battle Lakes will challenge even the most hardened Airsoft veteran.
The site has the perfect mix of man made as well as natural features, which includes; defensive structures, 4×4 tracks, sneaky trails, hilltop positions and lots of water features. The games themselves are scenario based and last all day, which are designed to take full advantage of the awesome surroundings. We also regularly use vehicles, airsoft mortars and a lot of cool toys in game to enhance each event.
The facilities on site are excellent with large indoors and outdoors safe areas. Included are; working power sockets, Men & Women’s toilets, kitchen, onsite battery charging, changing areas and dedicated customer car parking. The onsite shop sells; BB’s, Pyrotechnics, gas and a range of Airsoft equipment at competitive prices."
Went over there today with a couple of mates, this was my second visit and also felt completely different to my first time there. The site is huge and the gameplay is across the whole site freeroam so you can do some real sneaky flanking moves without being contained in a small skirmish box, this to me is the major selling point of Battle Lakes, sneaking up on a sniper that thinks he/she has a nice lil spot and shooting them in the bum!
The safezone is large enough for the amount of attendees that were there with everyone being able to use a bench and be under cover, they have real toilets with dry toilet roll that hasn't been kicked around a soggy portaloo!!!!
there is a very good shop and the win of all wins..... home cooked food for lunch, lunch is an actual treat there, not only do you get a hot meal that is actually tasty, you also get a can of pop and a chocolate bar. Tea and coffee is free all day but they do sell cans of pop/bottles of water too and don't charge the earth for them either! The day costs £27.
At the start of the day all guns are chronoed, including pistols. They use their own 0.2g BBs and fire the guns themselves. Signing in is easy and quick, you do however need to book with them either via their facebook page or email. I think this is mainly due to the food provided but am guessing it also allows them to plan how many marshals would be required.
The safety brief is comprehensive and well presented, game briefs were also well presented and a large map is utilised to show objectives etc. The first time I went they even had videos and individual mission briefs for each team in a nice briefing room with a big screen to get you in the spirit of things!
Today's first game lasted until lunchtime so roughly 2hrs I think and team A getting some items then taking them to another location while team B had to stop them, this meant due to the freeroam nature of the site that naturally each teams were both attacking and defending throughout. Respawn could potentially be a treck but they ran a medic rule so you could be medic'd back into the game once then if shot again you had to go back to respawn where you reset.
Did I mention lunch was really good?
After lunch we went out for a 90min game involving flags which was really good fun and very tactical. There was another game after this but we had to get back so didn't play it unfortunately.
They also had an onsite photographer, I think I only ever saw her when I was on my way to respawn though so doubt I'll feature in any this time lol.
My high points were being told several of our team were being held up by a sniper dug in in a machine gun nest so i rushed the nest and took him out with my pistol, another was utterly flanking the whole of the opposing team near the start of the game after lunch, sneaking into the area they had control of and were there in large numbers, swapping their flag for ours and then holding them off for as long as I could after!
I very much recommend the site, all the marshals were very fair, all the players were very honest, sporting and IMO represented airsofters better than a lot of other sites I have played at. So a pat on the back for them.
Did I mention that the lunch was awesome and they have proper toilets?
http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/locations/battle-lakes/
https://www.facebook.com/battlelakesairsoft/
"The Battle Lakes is a woodland Airsoft site like no other in the UK. With its sixteen lakes and set in 200 acres of extremely varied woodland, Battle Lakes will challenge even the most hardened Airsoft veteran.
The site has the perfect mix of man made as well as natural features, which includes; defensive structures, 4×4 tracks, sneaky trails, hilltop positions and lots of water features. The games themselves are scenario based and last all day, which are designed to take full advantage of the awesome surroundings. We also regularly use vehicles, airsoft mortars and a lot of cool toys in game to enhance each event.
The facilities on site are excellent with large indoors and outdoors safe areas. Included are; working power sockets, Men & Women’s toilets, kitchen, onsite battery charging, changing areas and dedicated customer car parking. The onsite shop sells; BB’s, Pyrotechnics, gas and a range of Airsoft equipment at competitive prices."
Went over there today with a couple of mates, this was my second visit and also felt completely different to my first time there. The site is huge and the gameplay is across the whole site freeroam so you can do some real sneaky flanking moves without being contained in a small skirmish box, this to me is the major selling point of Battle Lakes, sneaking up on a sniper that thinks he/she has a nice lil spot and shooting them in the bum!
The safezone is large enough for the amount of attendees that were there with everyone being able to use a bench and be under cover, they have real toilets with dry toilet roll that hasn't been kicked around a soggy portaloo!!!!
At the start of the day all guns are chronoed, including pistols. They use their own 0.2g BBs and fire the guns themselves. Signing in is easy and quick, you do however need to book with them either via their facebook page or email. I think this is mainly due to the food provided but am guessing it also allows them to plan how many marshals would be required.
The safety brief is comprehensive and well presented, game briefs were also well presented and a large map is utilised to show objectives etc. The first time I went they even had videos and individual mission briefs for each team in a nice briefing room with a big screen to get you in the spirit of things!
Today's first game lasted until lunchtime so roughly 2hrs I think and team A getting some items then taking them to another location while team B had to stop them, this meant due to the freeroam nature of the site that naturally each teams were both attacking and defending throughout. Respawn could potentially be a treck but they ran a medic rule so you could be medic'd back into the game once then if shot again you had to go back to respawn where you reset.
Did I mention lunch was really good?
After lunch we went out for a 90min game involving flags which was really good fun and very tactical. There was another game after this but we had to get back so didn't play it unfortunately.
They also had an onsite photographer, I think I only ever saw her when I was on my way to respawn though so doubt I'll feature in any this time lol.
My high points were being told several of our team were being held up by a sniper dug in in a machine gun nest so i rushed the nest and took him out with my pistol, another was utterly flanking the whole of the opposing team near the start of the game after lunch, sneaking into the area they had control of and were there in large numbers, swapping their flag for ours and then holding them off for as long as I could after!
I very much recommend the site, all the marshals were very fair, all the players were very honest, sporting and IMO represented airsofters better than a lot of other sites I have played at. So a pat on the back for them.
Did I mention that the lunch was awesome and they have proper toilets?
http://www.zedadventures.co.uk/locations/battle-lakes/
https://www.facebook.com/battlelakesairsoft/
Last edited: