@Shamalthanks for that I can’t seem to find anything on it. May as well give it a go this weekend and see what it’s like now I’m a site orphan. RIP Combat South.
@Shamalthanks for that I can’t seem to find anything on it. May as well give it a go this weekend and see what it’s like now I’m a site orphan. RIP Combat South.
For those that are interested and as I can find very little online:
Overall it was a good site. The size is approx 100 acres and the games are long and flowing. Expect to be out all morning. The terrain is fairly flat but there is lots of folds in the ground and vegetation. Engagement ranges vary with neither long or short being over represented.
Hit taking was excellent from what I noticed and there wasn’t much grumbling apart from one very obvious issue.
The briefs. Oh my days they go on and on and on. I’m fairly certain the opening brief took well over half an hour but by the end I had completely switched off. Easily the longest by a fair margin that I have experienced at any site and mainly irrelevant to the actual game. Not surprisingly I heard some of the marshalls moaning people weren’t listening to briefs. Hardly surprising all things considering. Fix this and it will be an epic site that’s well priced.
Alas no amenities were there but be forewarned and bring your own food and drink. Although you do get a can of crisps and a bottle of pop at lunch which is a nice touch considering it’s £20 for the day.
Badlands is a really good little site and I'm very fond of playing there. They are very good at controlling the day and the play.
It's one of those little gems. I'm just hoping that the average level of play doesnt get dragged down by the influx of new players. (Don't get me wrong, I really liked CSW but I have witnessed some 'interesting' play there.)