I spent my second enjoyable day at Absolute Airsoft near Reading three weeks after my first visit to the site this time with eighty other players.
The day was dry apart from a short shower which was great and after the safety briefing we started a warm up game of capture the trench where players have unlimited lives but to re-spawn one of your own team mates must shoot you. (That,s the way to start your Day). I really like this game as being an old geezer of 63 it means I don't have to keep walking miles to re-spawn and being a time limited game its the number of players that make it into the trench from both teams that matters. Note I was not the oldest player he was 64.
After a quick break at the end of that game to reload we are back out playing a game to capture three different objectives in the best time, getting our two man carry bomb into each in turn. Then after a reload break we switch positions and the fastest team time wins. Played lots of other games, again love it using the castle.
What I love about this site which is part shared with Delta Force paintball is that Mark the guy running it all wants us the players to enjoy ourselves. Mark keeps his price to play low , keeps the price of the BB's he sells low, keeps the price of all things airsoft he sells low and the price of the food and drinks he sells low. Mark is also a gun tech and very often fixes peoples guns at the events.
The other thing I really loved on the day was my very own Specna SA-HO2 which I was so angry about being ripped off with by A2 Supplies of Reading as in one of my early posts. Well I rebuilt this gun with new SHS gears, perfect shimming now, new SHS high torque motor, new grip and pro-win flat hopped bucking and nub. Oh and I replaced the main spring with a 110 rocket spring which now gives a perfect 347 FPS with a .20. The FPS variation shot to shot is around 1 to 1.5 FPS. On Sunday the gun performed great giving me superb range and accuracy using .25BBs and I was hitting almost every one I aimed at apart from one of two lads dressed in black ! come on take your hits!!
This site gets better each time I visit. Great. Great.
The day was dry apart from a short shower which was great and after the safety briefing we started a warm up game of capture the trench where players have unlimited lives but to re-spawn one of your own team mates must shoot you. (That,s the way to start your Day). I really like this game as being an old geezer of 63 it means I don't have to keep walking miles to re-spawn and being a time limited game its the number of players that make it into the trench from both teams that matters. Note I was not the oldest player he was 64.
After a quick break at the end of that game to reload we are back out playing a game to capture three different objectives in the best time, getting our two man carry bomb into each in turn. Then after a reload break we switch positions and the fastest team time wins. Played lots of other games, again love it using the castle.
What I love about this site which is part shared with Delta Force paintball is that Mark the guy running it all wants us the players to enjoy ourselves. Mark keeps his price to play low , keeps the price of the BB's he sells low, keeps the price of all things airsoft he sells low and the price of the food and drinks he sells low. Mark is also a gun tech and very often fixes peoples guns at the events.
The other thing I really loved on the day was my very own Specna SA-HO2 which I was so angry about being ripped off with by A2 Supplies of Reading as in one of my early posts. Well I rebuilt this gun with new SHS gears, perfect shimming now, new SHS high torque motor, new grip and pro-win flat hopped bucking and nub. Oh and I replaced the main spring with a 110 rocket spring which now gives a perfect 347 FPS with a .20. The FPS variation shot to shot is around 1 to 1.5 FPS. On Sunday the gun performed great giving me superb range and accuracy using .25BBs and I was hitting almost every one I aimed at apart from one of two lads dressed in black ! come on take your hits!!
This site gets better each time I visit. Great. Great.