Recent content by Old Guy

  1. O

    First Milsim/First Airsoft Anything, Really....

    If you are not already a fit guy, TheFNWizard, you need to get on a fitness regime NOW. Pretend you are training for a 10k (at least) and don't neglect your arms either. I work with my hands but at the end of a 10-4 skirmish my biceps were pumped from holding my M4 'at the ready'. Remember the...
  2. O

    Hiya

    Tell me more about Fat Bob. I really don't like my blue and black rifle! ☹️
  3. O

    Startimg Airsoft at 60 Plus

    I had my first outing recently at age 64 years. Where was this game when I still had my knees? Huge fun even though I hadn't got a Scooby what I was doing half the time. For the other half I couldn't see what to shoot at as my specs were fogging and the goggles kept my eye away from my rifle's...
  4. O

    First Milsim/First Airsoft Anything, Really....

    Wow, that's really in at the deep end! I have only had one day of airsoft, so far, and I was that guy. My team was mostly made up of experienced players who knew what they were doing and I was left out of the information loop somewhat. The Airsoft brigade seem a very accommodating bunch and keen...
  5. O

    Two-gun Airsoft?

    Yay! We're off and running.
  6. O

    Two-gun Airsoft?

    77 views so far and not a single comment. Perhaps I'm wrong?
  7. O

    Two-gun Airsoft?

    Thanks, Mr. Hamster. I now have "Action Air" on my radar. Even without all the bells and whistles of the  big events I could imagine small-venue rifle and pistol speed/score events being popular with Airsofters who want to get some trigger time and sharpen their reflexes a bit during the 'off...
  8. O

    Two-gun Airsoft?

    Is there such a thing, in airsoft, as the Two-Gun competition? A quick look at YT will show plenty of Three-gun footage but does this sport exist in 'our world'? If it doesn't exist, I think that we're missing out. I can see that this is a discipline/game that could be enjoyed with airsoft...
  9. O

    Lancer Tactical Lt-33

    Somewhere in all my readings about airsoft I found a piece which admitted that earlier LT offerings wee so-so but more recent guns are a lot better. You need only enter Lance \tactical in YT and you'll see reviews galore. Here, I've done it for...
  10. O

    Would Like to Take up Airsoft but Is it for Me

    I had my first game  two weeks shy of 64 years old and had a blast. Of course, I ached for a couple of days but I shall go back and I shall make sure, next time, that I am loosened up for the bending and ducking. My advice: Get good eyepro. I bought a pair of safety goggles from Screwfix for...
  11. O

    12 Year Old Brummy Spawn Decides to Show Off Imitation Pistol at Local Park

    Kids, eh? In a way airsoft guns are too realistic and bound to spark this kind of problem. The Yanks are required to have an orange tip welded to the muzzles of their airsoft guns to avert just this problem. How lucky are we?
  12. O

    S.a.W.G.

    Shropshire Airsoft War Games is what it stands for and they meet, usually, twice per month at Netley Hall, near Dorrington, Shropshire. (https://sawg.co.uk/) SAWG share their site with a paintball outfit (no surprises there, I suppose) and the play area has a couple of buildings (a fort and a...
  13. O

    New CQB in Shropshire

    Forgive me if this is already known but I have ben alerted to a 'new' CQB Airsoft and Laser Combat venue in Shropshire. It's called Kill House CQB (https://www.killhousecqb.co.uk/) and runs games on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, it's all in the website. I have not played there yet so I am...
  14. O

    Ruger Mk1 - New Spring?

    I was going to try making different 'lifters' to replace the ball-bearing and lower the FPS that way but, with the springs being so cheap, I thought I might try cutting different length springs. Are you able to say, @Cromulon1994, if the KJ Works and ASG models share the same spring size? All my...
  15. O

    Ruger Mk1 - New Spring?

    No offers on the spring-thing then? I have emailed ASG in Nottingham twice regarding this and been totally ignored. B**tards! I tried KJ Works and got a reply: Good day *********, Here we sell KJW standard spare parts only in public for replacement service. If you'd like to order our parts...
Back
Top